Newest Tree Painting: "SEARCHING"


Here's my newest tree painting.  I'm still not sure if I'm finished with it and haven't come up with a name yet--my facebook friends are giving me some ideas though.  In the foundation layer, I decided to add fuzzy, modern yarn to give it lots of texture.  I'm pleased with how that turned out.  I just need to quit touching it so much!  That's the first thing I want to do when I see a textured painting; I want to feel it.  Touching someone's painting is very taboo so I create my own textured pieces and touch them all I want.  :)  I just can't help myself.

Today (3-9-10), I decided to add to this post, quoting a reaction a good friend named Josh had when he first saw this painting.  His words touched me deeply and inspired me to title this painting "SEARCHING."  Here is what he had to say:

"When I looked at this painting, I almost cried because I saw the struggle I had trying to reach God. I took many turns and heard many lies that was confusing to me. This painting really spoke to me. I guess you didn't know you were painting this for me. I think God was reminding me of the times he was there and the times I tried to reach him, but had a hard time. It's an awesome painting. I can't take my eyes off of it. Every turn of the branches, every twist, I see myself all in this painting."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arkansas Razorback Artwork

If you'd like to see some fantastic artwork by artists who love the Razorbacks, come to Fine Art America, here: arkansas razorbacks art