Another Bird Painting Finished Yesterday





I just finished a commissioned 3-piece bird/tree painting. I used blues, browns, and lots of metallic colors: gold, copper, and bronze. The large splotches of what appears to be yellow and orange are really gold and copper--in person, when the lights hit the canvases, I can see the shimmer of the metallic paints.


Each canvas measures 20"x16" and when hung will measure about 5 feet in length--which will work well over a couch, over a fireplace mantle, or over a bed in your master bedroom.

If you'd like one similar, the price is $200. I can paint one to match your decor. Send me a message on my facebook fan page: Amy Kopp Art.

I'd love to paint one for you!


Here are some close ups to show the texture and metallic colors.  I mixed tiny glass beads and sand into my paint.  I love texture in art!




3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is beautiful! I love the brush strokes! I love using texture, thats a great idea to use tiny glass beads and sand! I need to try that, how did you use that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. This is going on my "when we sell the other house" wish list.

    I'm stopping by to invite you over to the Arkansas Women Bloggers site. We'd love to have you join us!

    http://arkansaswomenbloggers.blogspot.com

    Cheers,
    Fawn

    ReplyDelete

Arkansas Razorback Artwork

If you'd like to see some fantastic artwork by artists who love the Razorbacks, come to Fine Art America, here: arkansas razorbacks art